- 1 (8-ounce) package vegetable breakfast patties*
- 1 tablespoon light butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- calories 244
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 23 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 585 mg
- calcium 261 mg
How to Make It
Prepare patties according to package directions; crumble and set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Process egg substitute, sour cream, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Stir together crumbled breakfast patties, mushroom mixture, egg substitute mixture, and Cheddar cheese. Spoon into a 10-inch quiche pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 minutes. Cut quiche into 8 wedges.
*If you'd rather have the meat, 1 cup lean chopped cooked ham may be substituted for vegetable breakfast patties.
Note: Individual wedges may be reheated in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.