Crustless Spinach Quiche
When you're cutting back on carbs, a quiche minus the pastry crust is the way to go.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 19.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 486mg
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 whole mushrooms, sliced
- Salsa (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add milk, egg substitute, and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Cook spinach and next 3 ingredients just until tender and liquid evaporates. Cool slightly.
- 4. Combine egg mixture and spinach mixture, stirring well. Pour into a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 5. Cut into 8 wedges, and serve with salsa, if desired (salsa not included in analysis).
- carbo rating: 4
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch