- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh whole mushrooms, sliced
- Salsa (optional)
- calories 198
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 6.7 g
- protein 19.6 g
- carbohydrate 5.4 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 412 mg
- calcium 486 mg
How to Make It
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add milk, egg substitute, and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Cook spinach and next 3 ingredients just until tender and liquid evaporates. Cool slightly.
Combine egg mixture and spinach mixture, stirring well. Pour into a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Cut into 8 pieces, and serve with salsa, if desired.