This was a pretty difficult recipe to work with. There are only two of us; don't mind having leftovers, but even halving the recipe wasn't easy. Ended up halving everything but the spinach and the eggs. Bumped the spinach to 1 1/2 cups and used three whole eggs. Did use smoked ham and ran the milk and cottage cheese through the blender as suggested by another reviewer. Prepared this way made three generous servings. DH, who doesn't particularly like quiche, actually liked this dish better than I. The next time he suggested topping with a spiced tomato sauce. I will be making this again, but with the sauce.
Crustless Smoked Turkey and Spinach Quiche
Plenty satisfying and easy on the waistline, this crustless turkey and spinach quiche is a perfect brunch recipe to share with your girlfriends. The filling features a combination of bite-sized bits of smoked turkey ham, onions, leafy baby spinach, and shredded cheddar and Swiss cheeses.
Sprinkle some of the Swiss cheese in the pie plate first before adding the ham and egg mixture. The thin layer on the bottom gives you another hit of flavor when you bite into a piece.—Wendy McMillan, Longmont, CO
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 152
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calcium: 225mg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) cubed smoked turkey ham (such as Jennie-0)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham, onion, and pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until ham is lightly browned.
- 3. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with ham mixture.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 5. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture over ham mixture. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note