- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) cubed smoked turkey ham (such as Jennie-0)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- calories 152
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 14.2 g
- carbohydrate 11.2 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 427 mg
- calcium 225 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham, onion, and pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until ham is lightly browned.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with ham mixture.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture over ham mixture. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.