Definitely takes a little while to prepare, and it took me at least 5 times of making it to really get the timing of each part down so that everything is done at the same time. But now I'm an expert at it and we love it every time we eat it. Ditto to other posters' notes about using the sauce for lots of things - it's really delicious!
Crunchy Shrimp with Toasted Couscous and Ginger-Orange Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17.6g
- Carbohydrate: 51.9g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 763mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups trimmed watercress
- To prepare sauce, bring 1 cup orange juice to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro and next 7 ingredients (through red pepper); set aside.
- To prepare couscous, place couscous in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups broth, 1/2 cup orange juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; add onions, almonds, and butter, stirring until butter melts. Keep warm.
- To prepare shrimp, combine shrimp and egg white in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Combine the panko, 1 teaspoon cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and black pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to the bag, and seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; arrange shrimp in a single layer in pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place 3/4 cup couscous on each of 4 plates; top each with 1/2 cup watercress and 5 shrimp. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note