- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus 1/4 cup fresh juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 jalapeño chile, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 poblano chile, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 small white onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces Cheddar-Jack cheese or Chihuaua cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 10 (10-in.) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds Perfect Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
How to Make It
Prepare the Lime Crema: Stir together mayonnaise, Mexican crema, lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Prepare the Quesadilla Wraps: Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Toss jalapeño chile, poblano chile, and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil; place on oiled grates. Grill until tender and charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side; chop.
Stir together beans, cilantro, vinegar, salt, cumin, chopped chiles, chopped onion, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese down center of each tortilla. Top each with 3 ounces Beef and 2 tablespoons black bean mixture; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and crushed chips.
Fold 1 side of 1 tortilla to the center, partially covering filling. Take the right corner of the fold, and bring in to the center. Continue around tortilla, folding corners to the center, to create a hexagon. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Place 2 filled tortillas, folded sides down, in skillet, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip carefully, and cook until browned, about 3 more minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately with Lime Crema.