Yield: (serving size: makes 6 servings.)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 484mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup Italian-style fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups 1-inch eggplant chunks
- 1 1/2 cups 3/4-inch zucchini slices
- 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2-inch red bell pepper chunks
- 2 cups 1 1/2-inch tomato chunks
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites and oil to blend. In another bowl, mix crumbs, basil, and 2 teaspoons garlic.
- 2. Add 1 kind of vegetable at a time to the egg mixture—eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and 1 1/2 cups tomatoes. Lift out with a slotted spoon, draining briefly, and add to crumbs. Mix gently to coat, the lift out. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a 14-inch by 17-inch baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 450° oven until vegetables are well-browned and eggplant is soft when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, purée until smooth the remaining 1 teaspoon garllic, remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes, mayonnaise, and lemon juice to taste.
- 5. Spoon vegetables onto warm dinner plates and season to taste with mayonnaise mixture and salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This