Good recipe. I pounded the chicken a bit before cooking, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It's a nice foundation recipe that would be easy to build on or adjust for other purposes.
Crunchy Pan-Fried Chicken
A mix of cornmeal and breadcrumbs gives this fried chicken recipe a crisp bite while keeping the inside of the meat juicy. This crispy coating is also terrific on skinned and boned chicken thighs or pork chops.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This