Crunchy Oat 'n' Cereal Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 2 minutes or until well blended. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add oil, beating until blended. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Add oats and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets, and flatten gently with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note