I am not a fan of cole slaw, as a general rule, but I love this salad. It has more flavor than your standard cole slaw & is not mayonnaise-y. I've taken this to several gatherings & it's always a hit. The only drawback - it is a bit time consuming to prepare.
Crunchy Napa Cabbage Slaw
Photo: Peden & Munk; Styling: Amy Wilson
Serve this crunch, cabbage slaw for a side item or on a sandwich.
Yield: About 14 cups; 14 to 16 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 78%
- Protein: 0.0g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Cholesterol: 9.3mg
- 2 qts. (about 1 lb.) coarsely shredded napa cabbage
- 12 ounces snow peas, strings removed, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced green onions (including green tops)
- 1 1/3 cups lightly packed cilantro leaves
- Creamy soy dressing
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, snow peas, radishes, green onions, and cilantro.
- 2. Add about three-quarters of dressing and the almonds to cabbage mixture; mix to coat. Taste and mix in more dressing if you like. Pour into a serving bowl.
Also featured in: Sunset, July 2004
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads