Crunchy Lace Cookies
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Stir together 2 tablespoons hot water and baking soda in a large bowl until baking soda is dissolved. Add butter and syrup, stirring until blended.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups oats and next 3 ingredients; stir into butter mixture, stirring until blended.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, and place, 3 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. Slightly flatten dough balls.
- Bake at 350° for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note