Crunchy Kale Salad with Coucous, Grilled Chicken and Pomegranates
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked coucous
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 large bunch(es) of kale, torn from stems and torn into pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 1 large clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper, plus more to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for 7-8 minutes on both sides or until cooked through. Let cool five minutes and then dice into bite size pieces. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. While the chicken cooks, start on the kale. In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, whisk to combine and then season with salt and pepper. Taste and if needed add more salt and pepper.
- 4. Grease a baking sheet and spread kale on the baking sheet. To the kale, add 2-3 tablespoon of the dressing (just enough to coat the kale, reserve the rest) massage the kale with the dressing and spread out evenly on the baking sheet; roast for 10 minutes. Toss well and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until slightly crispy but not golden.
- 5. While kale is roasting, bring the water to a boil. Once the water boils, remove from the heat and add the couscous, stir and cover for 10 minutes or until ready to use. When ready to use fluff with a fork.
- 6. Once the chicken, kale, and couscous are all done, combine them in a large bowl. Add the toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, avocado and goat cheese. Toss to combine and then add the remaining dressing and toss one more time.
- 7. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note