Crunchy Granola with Mixed Fruit
Adapted from a recipe in the Denver Post. Makes approx. 5 qts. Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 40 min.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking/instant)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) mixed dried fruit (raisins, craisins, blueberries, cherries)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, sesame seeds & cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, olive oil, sugar, honey, salt & vanilla. Pour over oat mixture & combine.
- Turn mixture onto a (large) greased baking sheet. Place into oven.
- Set timer for 10 min. Stir every 10 min. until well toasted, about 40-50 min. total.
- Remove from oven; stir in dried fruit. Granola will crisp up as it cools. Break up into small crunchy nuggets. Store in glass jar or resealable plastic bag.
- :-) NOTE: I successfully substituted Grape Nuts cereal when I ran out of sesame seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by schelms and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crunchy Granola with Mixed Fruit Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch