Crunchy Fried Okra
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups saltine cracker crumbs (2 sleeves)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut in half lengthwise
- Peanut oil
- Stir together buttermilk and egg. Combine cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Dip okra pieces in buttermilk mixture; dredge in cracker crumb mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet; heat to 375°. Fry okra, in 3 batches, 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables