Crunchy Cucumber Summer Rolls
Consider this the salad course (especially good with "Almond Hoisin Sauce"). Or, if you'd like a heartier roll, add sliced cooked pork tenderloin. To turn these rolls into a fun party appetizer, set out the fillings and a metal bowl of warm (about 100°) water, and let your guests roll their own.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 0.1%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 6 rice paper wrappers (8 in. diameter)
- Leaves and tender stems of 1 small bunch watercress
- 2 Persian cucumbers or a 10-in. length of English cucumber, cut into julienne
- 2 medium carrots, cut into julienne
- Leaves and tender stems of 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 1. Dip a rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds--just until it's pliable. Lay on plate and let sit 10 to 15 seconds, so the water soaks in.
- 2. Layer one-sixth of fillings on the bottom third of the wrapper, starting with watercress.
- 3. Lift filled edge up and over fillings and keep rolling it away from you, tucking fillings in firmly but gently and folding in the sides. (Stretching the wrapper as you roll helps.) Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note