WAY too much sugar! I ended up having to double everything else and add lemon juice to balance it out. Luckily I tasted the dressing mix before adding it to the slaw or I would have had a soupy mess. In the end I came up with a great recipe that works especially good with sweet or spicy BBQ. 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise ¼ tsp.sugar 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar 1 heaping Tbsp. sour cream 1/2 teaspoon (rounded) dry mustard powder ¼ tsp. celery seed 1/2 Tbsp dry oregano 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon salt 3 1/2 -4 Cups thinly sliced green cabbage- (I used a pre-shredded bag of green cabbage from Trader Joe’s that said it was a 4 cup bag…but it looked like a bit less than that) 1/2 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium) 1/4 cup very finely minced yellow or Vidalia onion Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust before adding to cabbage mix. After mixed, cover and chill 1 hour.
Crunchy, Creamy Coleslaw
With a combination of red and green cabbage, this yummy coleslaw dish will win anyone over! Serve with your favorite barbecue or taco meals.
This recipe goes with Pulled Barbecue Chicken and Coleslaw Sandwiches
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 258mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add cabbages, carrot, and celery; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Tip: The cabbage is thinly sliced, but you can also shred it, if you prefer. Use a box grater or the shredding disc on a food processor. Serve with pulled pork, chicken, or Fish Tacos with Lime Crema and Mango Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note