Crunchy Coconut-Berry Salad
This salad takes a tropical turn with ingredients like jicama, coconut, and lime. Mint and honey give it a sweet freshness. Serve as you would any fruit salad. Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes. Notes: Unsweetened sliced dried coconut (also called flaked coconut or coconut chips) is sold in natural-foods stores. You can substitute sweetened shredded dried coconut if you like.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 8.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened sliced dried coconut (see notes)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and/or sliced strawberries)
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 3 tablespoons lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a 6- to 8-inch pan, stir coconut often over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour from pan and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Add berries and jicama. Tear mint leaves into small pieces and scatter over salad. Add coconut and mix gently.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This