Used non fat sweetened condensed milk & unsweetened chocolate. This way is much healthier and the fudge turns out perfectly sweet since so many of the other components of this recipe are sweet. The combination of the crunch and the bite of ginger was amazing and we couldn't get enough of them! You MUST make these if you are a fan of chocolate and ginger because they are guaranteed to knock your socks off!
Crunchy Chocolate-Ginger Fudge
Candied ginger and crushed gingersnaps give this 5-ingredient fudge recipe a bit of holiday flair.
Yield: 16 pieces
Cost per Serving: $.52
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 67mg
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11.5 oz.) bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger (a 1 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (15 to 20 cookies, depending on size)
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, cut into thin strips
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom of pan with a strip of aluminum foil or waxed paper long enough to hang over 2 sides of pan by about 2 inches. Grease foil or waxed paper.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, stir condensed milk, chocolate and fresh ginger over medium-low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crushed gingersnaps and half of candied ginger.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle top with remaining candied ginger. Refrigerate until completely set, about 2 hours.
- Loosen foil sides from pan with a knife. Lift fudge out by grasping foil, and then transfer fudge to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy