Crunchy Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups
Yield: 2 dozen.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 81mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 5 sheets commercial frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Brush 2 miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans with 1 tablespoon melted butter; set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keep remaining phyllo covered). Lightly brush phyllo with melted butter. Layer remaining 4 sheets phyllo on first sheet, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Cut phyllo stack into 24 circles using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place phyllo circles into prepared muffin cups, pressing phyllo against bottom and up sides of cups. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- Combine chicken and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder; stir into chicken mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, spoon chicken mixture evenly into phyllo cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers
Food & Wine