Crunchy Chicken and Cucumber Salad
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; let cool slightly, and coarsely chop chicken.
- While chicken cooks, combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Combine chicken, cucumber, green onions, and salad greens in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture, and toss well. Serve immediately.
Note: Chop the vegetables and mix the dressing while the chicken cooks. If desired, you my substitute shrimp for chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note