This was a good basic recipe for coleslaw. This would be an easy recipe to spice up the way you want. My husband likes more horseradish and so it is easy to change it up a little and be safe to please almost any taste bud.
Crunchy Buttermilk Coleslaw
Creamy buttermilk and fragrant fresh ginger lend bold flavor to this crunchy side. It's the perfect foil to spicy barbecue sauces.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.91
- 1 pound napa or savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 a head)
- 5 carrots, peeled and grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 10 ounces snow peas, sliced lengthwise (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots and snow peas. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt, brown sugar, vinegar and ginger until smooth. Pour dressing over slaw and toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note