Great flavor, crunchy and delicious.
Crunchy Buttermilk-Coconut Chicken Fingers
These crispy, crunchy buttermilk-coconut chicken fingers appeal to kids, so serve them with ketchup for dipping. Grown-ups will enjoy them atop a salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 chicken fingers)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Cut chicken into 20 (1/4-inch-thick) strips. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain chicken, discarding liquid. Combine chicken and flour in a medium bowl, tossing to coat.
- 2. Preheat oven to 475°. Place baking sheet in oven.
- 3. Combine egg and egg white in a small bowl. Combine crushed cornflakes and next 5 ingredients (through ground red pepper) in a shallow dish.
- 4. Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dip into egg mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, egg mixture, and cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer on preheated baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This