- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 346
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 35 g
- carbohydrate 33.8 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 120 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 767 mg
- calcium 139 mg
How to Make It
Cut chicken into 20 (1/4-inch-thick) strips. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain chicken, discarding liquid. Combine chicken and flour in a medium bowl, tossing to coat.
Preheat oven to 475°. Place baking sheet in oven.
Combine egg and egg white in a small bowl. Combine crushed cornflakes and next 5 ingredients (through ground red pepper) in a shallow dish.
Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dip into egg mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, egg mixture, and cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer on preheated baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.