Delicious enough to feel like a guilty pleasure! I made this for a potluck at work, and added sunflower seeds, carrots and red cabbage for crunch, color and even MORE nutritional goodness. Will make again and again.
Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
Golden raisins and honey add sweetness to this chopped broccoli salad, while bacon, onion and white balsamic vinegar add savory notes.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cut florets from broccoli stems and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a salad bowl and toss with minced onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar until smooth. Add honey, salt and pepper, whisking to combine. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly. Crumble bacon pieces over broccoli slaw and serve immediately.
This recipe also appeared in the April 2007 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note