Made this for a BBQ, it was quite tasty! Doubled the recipe so as to have enough for a big group. Everything was good, though I wasn't sure about the dressing. I thought it'd be creamy but it was much more of a vinaigrette. I added some extra mayo to thicken it a little bit. But once everything was mixed together, it was very tasty! Would definitely make again.
Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
Golden raisins and honey add sweetness to this chopped broccoli salad, while bacon, onion and white balsamic vinegar add savory notes.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cut florets from broccoli stems and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a salad bowl and toss with minced onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar until smooth. Add honey, salt and pepper, whisking to combine. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly. Crumble bacon pieces over broccoli slaw and serve immediately.
This recipe also appeared in the April 2007 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note