Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
This is a fun substitute for the more expected potato chips. Once cool, store these in an airtight tin to keep them crisp.
Yield: 6 cups
- 2 cup bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and blot pasta dry with paper towels.
- Combine cornmeal and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Toss pasta, a handful at a time, in cornmeal mixture to coat; shake off excess.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°. Fry pasta, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Store pasta snacks up to a week in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note