There is something wrong w/ the ingredients (cream cheese?) It was dry and rather tasteless, but an interesting recipe.
Crumb-Topped Spinach Casserole
This quick, cheesy side, with its crunchy herbed topping, can be ready to bake in just over the time it takes to preheat the oven.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (10-oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) or homemade breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Blend cream cheese and flour in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in eggs, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk until blended. Add sautéed onions, spinach, and cheese, stirring to blend. Spoon into a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 3 Tbsp. melted butter in a small bowl; toss well, and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated and breadcrumbs are browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note