Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
More From Southern Living
Total: 26 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/4 cups trimmed Brussels sprouts (about 1 lb.), halved
- 2 (10-oz.) packages fresh cauliflower florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs and 1/4 tsp. salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Arrange Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add cauliflower. Cover and steam 2 to 3 1/2 minutes or just until tender. Transfer Brussels sprouts and cauliflower to a serving dish; sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables