Community Recipe from
- 0.25 cup(s) plus 1/3 packed brown suger divided
- .25 cup(s) molasses
- 1 whole(s) eggs lightly beaten
- 1.5 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1.25 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 0.25 cup(s) butter (1/2 stick) melted
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 package(s) unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- •Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- •In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, the molasses, egg, water, and the 2 tablespoons flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat, cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the vanilla; set aside.
- •In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup flour with the baking soda; add the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, the melted butter, and cinnamon, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
- •Pour the molasses mixture into the pie shell; top with the crumb mixture, sprinkling evenly.
- •Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until light golden. Cool before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Shawnzie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crumb Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes