Kerry Hoeft Note: Scott and Erik's favorite :) A Christmas morning tradition !
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bx. of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix with butter and the ingredients listed on box.
- 1/2 lb. or 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 2c. flour
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1) MAKE THE CRUMBS:
- MELT butter and ADD vanilla
- MIX dry ingredients together
- COMBINE dry ingredients with butter and vanilla mixture until crumb like consistency. Might need to use your hands to mix throughly and to make small crumbs.
- 2) MAKE THE CAKE:
- MAKE cake as directed on the box.
- POUR into a 9x13 pan or make two round cake pans.
- BAKE @ 350 according to directions on the box in regards to container size used.
- JUST before the last 10 minutes of baking, remove the cake from the oven, sprinkle the crumb mixture on top of the cake and return to oven and continue baking for the last 10 mins.
- COOL cake
- SPRINKLE with powder sugar and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dixie1dog and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note