Crêpes with Warm Cognac Peaches and Almonds
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 462
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 212mg
- Cholesterol: 161mg
- Crêpe batter
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- About 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Cheese filling
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peach topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. Make batter: Whirl together eggs, flour, and milk in a blender until smooth.
- 2. Heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter. Pour in 2 tbsp. batter, swirling to spread evenly. Cook until golden underneath, 1 minute; flip over and cook 30 seconds. Make remaining crêpes, brushing pan with butter and stacking finished crêpes.
- 3. Make filling: Stir together ricotta, sugar, zest, and salt in a medium bowl. Spoon 1 tbsp. filling into center of a crêpe. Fold crêpe in half, pressing gently to spread filling evenly, then fold in half again to form a triangle. Continue with remaining crêpes.
- 4. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. In batches, carefully add filled crêpes; cook until golden brown, turning once, 5 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 5. Make topping: Melt butter in pan over high heat. Add peaches, sugars, cinnamon, and juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until sugars melt, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; carefully stir in cognac. Pour peaches over crêpes and sprinkle with almonds.
- Make ahead: Make and fill crêpes through step 3, cover, and chill overnight.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note