- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 8 Basic Dessert Crêpes
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, half-and-half, and mace in top of a double boiler; stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly with a metal spoon, until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the spoon. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy. Add powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in orange rind.
- Divide meringue mixture into 8 equal portions, and place in the center of each crêpe. Fold crêpe in half, keeping meringue inside. Place filled crêpes in a buttered 15- x 10- x 1-inch jell y roll pan. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; place each crêpe on a warmed serving dish. Combine reserved sauce and rum, mixing well. Spoon sauce over soufflé, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This