Notes: To increase servings, fill additional ramekins with more of the same ingredients.
Yield: Makes 2 main-dish servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 377mg
- Cholesterol: 315mg
- 2 thin crêpes (8 in.)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto (about 1/4 oz. each)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 to 8 asparagus spears (1/3 to 1/2 lb. total), rinsed and tough ends snapped off
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Gently fit each crêpe, dark side up, into a buttered shallow ramekin (about 4- by 6-in. oval or 4- to 5-in. round); edges will extend over rim. Lay 1 slice prosciutto smoothly over each crêpe. Crack an egg; holding close to prosciutto, pull shell apart to let egg flow gently into 1 ramekin. Repeat step for second ramekin. Set ramekins in a 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 2. Bake in 375° regular or convection oven just until egg yolk is softly set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, bring about 1 inch water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook just until barely tender when pierced, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- 4. Divide asparagus equally between ramekins, laying spears beside eggs. Sprinkle with cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This