Crêpes Con Queso
Photo: Tina Evans; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Crêpe Filling
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add flour and next 5 ingredients. Process until smooth. Cover batter, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom of pan. Cook 1 minute or until crêpe can be shaken loose from pan. Turn crêpe over, and cook about 30 seconds. Place crêpe on a towel to cool. Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup Crêpe Filling on half of each crêpe; roll up, and place seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle crêpes evenly with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 300° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This