Crown Roast Of Pork With Sausage Stuffing
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon commercial brown bouquet sauce
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) crown roast of pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine 1 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, and bouquet sauce; brush surface of roast with water mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon sausage into center of roast. Place a small piece of aluminum foil on each bone end. Place roast, bone end up, in a shallow roasting pan. Pour remaining water mixture and 2 cups water over roast. Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325°, and bake 1 hour. Add potatoes to roasting pan, and continue baking 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 170°. Remove roast and potatoes to a warm serving platter, reserving pan liquid. Let roast stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Degrease pan liquid; pour into a medium saucepan. Combine flour and remaining 1/2 cup water, stirring until smooth. Pour flour mixture into pan liquid; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve gravy and applesauce with roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes