Crowd Pleaser Chili Base
- 1 pound(s) meat of choice or meatless product browned if nec.
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 can(s) tomato paste
- 1 package(s) Chili seasoning (or make your own!)
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 can(s) black beans drained
- 1 cup(s) water as desired
- 2 clove(s) fresh minced garlic more if you like! we do!
- 1/2 whole(s) onion diced
- In a skillet brown meat or chicken
- - *if using precooked meat or "meatless" product you can skip the browning process*
- In a larger soup pot combine remaining ingredients, set on Medium High heat, cover
- -*stir regularly to keep beans from burning on the bottom!*
- Add browned meat to base stir well and re-cover
- -*Depending on time allowance you can cook this on higher temperatures for 20 minutes or turn down to simmer and cook for longer!*
- It will absorb much of the liquid overnight so make sure you add a little water when you reheat the next day!
- Add corn chips, crackers, cheese, sour cream or whatever toppings you like!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Laurelkmiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crowd Pleaser Chili Base Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews