- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Italian or French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped seeded plum tomato (about 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- calories 223
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- protein 6.5 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 341 mg
- calcium 105 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Coat bread slices with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
While bread bakes, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add spinach, pepper, and salt, and sauté 30 seconds or until spinach wilts. Place spinach mixture in a bowl. Chill 5 minutes to quickly cool. Stir in tomato and vinegar. Top each bread slice evenly with cheese and about 2 tablespoons spinach mixture. Serve immediately.