only way to improve recipie is to fry the peaches first with a thin flour coating,also warm other ingrediants too. This has POW! must like blue cheese or can use a sweet-flavored cream cheese instead. Best for late night hungries.lol
Crostini with Peaches and Blue Cheese
For easy packing, keep the toasted crostini, peach mixture, and blue cheese in separate containers. Assemble on site. You'll skip broiling the cheese, but the flavor is equally sublime.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 36 thin baguette slices
- Olive oil
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced peaches (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil; place on a baking sheet. Broil until toasted and crisp. Cool completely.
- Toss peaches gently with vinegar. Top crostini with peaches and blue cheese. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Broil until cheese is hot, soft, and very lightly browned.
- From Good Day for a Picnic by Jeremy Jackson (William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, 2005)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers