I've lived in Savannah Georgia all my life. I've never heard of this recipe, not from my relatives, not in restaurants, not at other Georgian homes. Georgia's "coastal food" IS the "Low Country Boil" served with saltine crackers and cocktail sauce.
Crostini with Peaches and Blue Cheese
- 36 thin baguette slices
- Olive oil
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced peaches (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil; place on a baking sheet. Broil until toasted and crisp. Cool completely.
- Toss peaches gently with vinegar. Top crostini with peaches and blue cheese. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Broil until cheese is hot, soft, and very lightly browned.
- From Good Day for a Picnic by Jeremy Jackson (William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, 2005)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This