Crostini with Blue Cheese and Tomato
This tasty appetizer is especially good in the summer when tomatoes are at their ripest. Use mild or strong blue cheese according to personal preference.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 108mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Calcium: 20mg
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French baguette
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet; coat slices with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until bread is toasted; set aside.
- While bread bakes, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until softened. Add garlic and pepper; stir until combined.
- Combine tomato, basil, and salt in a small bowl. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread slice; top with 2 teaspoons tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note