Crostini of Chanterelles
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chanterelle or common mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices (1/4 in. thick) sourdough baguette
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Rinse chanterelles, gently rubbing mushroom gills with fingers to release any grit; drain. Repeat if necessary. Trim and discard bruised parts and discolored ends. Slice mushrooms 1/4 inch thick.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch pan over high heat, stir mushrooms, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and thyme until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Meanwhile, brush bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and lay on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350° oven until crisp and brown, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Top toast pieces equally with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note