- 1 French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (such as Spice Islands)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; brush top of each slice with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Combine preserves, jalapeño, and cider vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Spread pineapple mixture evenly over toasts.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan; sprinkle with jerk seasoning and orange zest and juice, tossing to coat. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
Arrange shrimp evenly over toasts; sprinkle evenly with cilantro.