- 1 French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon flake sea salt, divided
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; brush top of each slice with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Mash avocado in a medium bowl using the back of a fork. Add garlic, shallot, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir well to combine.
Combine crabmeat, red pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl; toss gently to combine.
Spread avocado mixture evenly over toasts. Top evenly with crab mixture; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.