This was a great tasting recipe and easy to prepare. It looks "fancy" enough for an elegant dinner but is easy enough to prepare for a weeknight meal.
Croissant Bread Pudding
Make a bread pudding dessert even more decadent by using flaky croissants instead of French bread and topping with a creamy bourbon sauce.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 9 large croissants
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Bourbon Sauce
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise; tear bottom halves of croissants into small pieces.
- Heat bourbon in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in raisins. Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Layer croissant pieces evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Place croissant tops, crust sides up, over mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk in cream, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour mixture over croissant tops; press bread to absorb liquid. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Place dish into a larger pan. Pour hot water into larger pan, filling half full.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 15 more minutes. Remove from oven, and remove dish from water pan. Serve warm with Bourbon Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts