Crockpot Swedish Meatballs from Slow Simple.com
Can be an appetizer or main dish over noodles or mashed potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) list of ingredients below
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck or round
- 1/2 lb. lean ground pork, or use all beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 med. onion, chopped fine
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 1/2 oz. can condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for 5 minutes in a large mixing bowl. Add ground beef and pork, eggs, onion, 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, and allspice; mix well. Shape into 1 inch meatballs. Place meatballs on rack in broiler pan and bake for 15 minutes at 400°.
- Put browned meatballs in slow cooker. Add 1/2 can beef broth, pepper and remaining salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. To thicken gravy, turn slow cooker to high. Combine butter and flour to make a smooth paste. Add paste to remaining 1/2 can beef broth and pour over meatballs. Cook until thickened, about 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crockpot Swedish Meatballs from Slow Simple.com Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers