Crockpot Split Pea Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) split peas rinsed
- 2 Medium carrots peeled and medium dice
- 2 celery stalks medium dice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound(s) ham pieces
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- kosher salt or sea salt
- Arrange split peas in the slow cooker in an even lyer. Arrange the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and bay leaf over the peas in one even lyer. Place the ham on top of veggies. Pour chicken broth and water into the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until peas are very soft--cook on high 5 - 6 hours.
- You can use smoked ham bone or 2 ham hocks instead of ham pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catpat and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crockpot Split Pea Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews