Crockpot kale, sausage, & potato soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4-6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole(s) large onion, chopped
- 6 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh sage, minced
- 1 piece(s) hard pecorino or parmesan cheese rind, NOTE
- 6 whole(s) med-large yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch(es) kale, ~ 2 cups when chopped, ~1/2" pieces
- 4 whole(s) links italian sausage, casing removed, ~1/2" pieces, browned
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream, stir in at end of cooking
- 1. Place first 6 ingredients into slow cooker
- 2. Brown sausages
- 3. Meanwhile, chop potatoes and kale, add to slow cooker
- 4. Add sausage to slow cooker
- 5. Cook on low 8-10 hours
- 6. Place ~1/2 cup broth in a bowl, whisk in sour cream, stir mixture into soup
- 7. Serve with crusty bread (and wine!)
- Note - The hard cheese rind will give the soup (especially the potatoes) a lot of flavor without the stinginess of the cheese itself. If you can't find hard cheese rinds at the cheese counter, just garnish each serving with 1 tbsp. shredded Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note