Easy and delicious, smelled as great as it tasted. The chicken was tender and perfect. I will definitly make again!
Crock Pot Tandoori Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3-4 pounds chicken, skinned
- 1 cup plain yogurt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cardamom pods, or 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 6 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Basmati rice with garlic & cilantro.
- Use a 5-6 quart crockpot. Skin the bird and toss out the neck and the stuff from inside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup yogurt with all dry spices.
- Smear all over the bird, inside and out. Put the cardamom pods inside the bird, and lower it into the crockpot. Toss whole garlic cloves on top, and squeeze on the lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours, meat thermometer should read 160. Let rest under aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes before carving. Chicken should continue to cook outside of crock pot until 165.
- After removing meat from the pot, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt to make a sauce to pour over the meat and rice.
- Serve with basmati rice. Add minced garlic to rice while cooking and stir in cilantro when complete.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hlk1231 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note