crock pot lasagna
This lasagna is simple and fantastic! With the ground turkey and extra veggies, its not too bad for you either. Ricotta cheese (15 oz) can be used in place of the cottage/cream cheese mix. Would be great with spinach in place of broccoli too!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounce(s) low fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounce(s) low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) low fat italian blend shredded cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles (broken in half)
- 10 ounce(s) cut broccoli thawed and squeezed dry
- 26 ounce(s) jar of chunky pasta sauce
- 1. In a large non stick skillet, cook onions and green pepper until softened. Add ground turkey and all seasonings. Brown then drain. Add broccoli.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheeese and 1/2 c of italian shredded cheese.
- 3. In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, layer half the uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking as necessary. Spread half of the meat/broccoli mixture over the noodles. Top with half tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water. Gently spread the cheese mixture on top. Continue layering the noodles, rest of the meat mixture, rest of the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of water.
- 4. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top for the last 15 minutes, or until melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmw8916 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note