- 2 pounds sirloin tip pork roast (frozen is fine)
- 1 small onion, sliced very thin
- 3/4 pound roasted green chile, chopped small, about 1 cup's worth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, or rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, regular or Hungarian paprika
How to Make It
Turn the crock-pot to HIGH and place the onions in the bottom. Set the pork roast on top of them and then sprinkle with all the spices. Top with the green chile. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. (Increase this time to about 4 hours for a frozen pork roast.) Shred or pull apart gently, allowing the meat to absorb some of the juices in the crock-pot. Reduce the heat to LOW and cook an additional 30 minutes to an hour.
FREEZER MEAL: Let the meat cool completely and then transfer to a freezer safe ziploc bag. Add as much of the liquid as remains in the bottom of the crock-pot, up to a cup or so more than the meat will absorb. Remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag and freezing flat. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave or in a covered dish in the oven.