Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds
Community Recipe from
- 1-1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1-1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 cup(s) almonds
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. In another medium sized bowl, whisk the egg white and vanilla until it’s a little frothy. Add almonds. Make sure the almonds are thoroughly coated in the egg white mixture. Add cinnamon mixture to the almonds and toss until coated.
- Thoroughly spray with the stoneware of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and add the mixture of almonds and sugars.
- Cook on low ( with the lid on) 3-4 hours stirring every 20 minutes. In the last hour, add the 1/4 C. of water and stir well. This ensures a crunchy yummy coating. (*make sure after you’ve added the water that you continue to cook the nuts for another 45 minutes to an hour.)
- You have to stir really well, especially as it gets later in the cooking process.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread the almonds flat to cool. The almonds will be sticky at this point, so make sure you separate them a little and have no large mounds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hmscarlst5 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks